Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Adaptation

It has been a month since I last wrote on this blog. I've had quite a month. I went to Comic-Con 2009 and had the opportunity to see Tim Burton, Robert Zemeckis and Johnny Depp. It was quite an exciting stay at San Diego.
In three weeks I shall be back at Northridge to continue school. I will be audition for a play this semester (wish me luck) entitled "Six Characters in Search of an Author." In the mean time, I am continuing on my reading. Just finished Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" to begin reading "Playwriting: How to Write for the Theater" by Bernard Grebanier. My plan is to write an adaptation of Carroll's work, not because a Burton's film is underway, but because from all adaptations for the stage of "Alice" most, if not all, lack much of Carroll's essence. I am still debating whether the play should be comedy, a bit more dramatic, or a Musical, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
In short, I am quite busy at the moment, trying to keep up with the reading and all the work I give myself. In three more weeks my summer is over and I start a new semester.

Until the next time,

adieu.

No comments: