Monday, July 12, 2010

It's been a long time

It has been a long time since I post anything here. I have been busy, well, let me rephrase, I haven't given me the time to write.

Today, as I revise an essay, as I sit here in my dining/living room, spending some "quality time" with my parents, I decided to give myself the time to write here.

I reminisce on a dinner I had with some friends some time ago in which someone was asked "what makes Eduardo [me] mad the most?" I didn't know how to answer the question, about me. I had to think about what makes me mad the most. A friend answered without hesitation that what infuriates, angers me, etc. is ignorance. I hadn't thought about that, but it is true.
Although I am a believer that Patience is a Virtue, I sometimes add to that saying that Patience is a Virtue, but I have no patience for stupidity. I may sound condescending or egotistical, so what if I am. This is who I am.

I don't know why I am writing this. Usually, when I write on a blog or journal or anything outside the academia, I write in stream of consciousness. I let it all out. Writing is my way of letting go, of opening up.

Let's just change subject.

My summer has been.... uneventful, and I am really looking forward to going back to school. Oh yeah, by the way, I am not a normal person, or as some would categorize me, I am not "average," in any extent of the word. Anyway. As I was saying, I am looking forward to going back to school. I am excited for the school year to come. It is my last year as an undergraduate at Cal State University, Northridge, I am stage managing the opera for our Theatre Department, the Valley Performance Arts Center will open in the coming year, and we are doing "Cabaret," in which I hope to be part in, in any capacity.

Life is good.

Love me for what I am, Hate me for what I'm not.
God! I need a hair cut.

No comments: